Winters Light 4

I am trying to present different perspectives on winters light with this abstract image of a tree and bush. This is an unaltered motion image except the slightest decrease in exposure. The tree shadows are subtle but present.

Specific Feedback Requested

Does this work for my intention? Composition and abstract nature.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony alpha 7 III Sony @ 90 mm, f/22, 1/4 iso 100

1 Like

I really like it! It’s very minimalist, and I feel like the absence of detail makes the imagination add it. Nicely done!

I like it too.You call it a motion image. So did you move the camera during exposure? It would be interesting to learn more about how you did this.

Thank you @Vanessa_Hill and @Mike_Friel for your comments. Mike, this was a handheld shot with intentional downward motion.

I like this a lot Mario. It is a different take on a forest ICM image, in that it makes use of significant negative space to further enhance the abstract feeling of the image. Normally, forest ICM’s make strong use of the shapes of tree trunks, but I like how you only hint at that in the left 2/3’s of the image. I also love the color palette, the subtle blues, grays, and browns work very well together. Nicely done Mario…