Winter in Motion

Made this ICM on an ice covered lake. Motion and color still exist in such a dormant winter scene.

Specific Feedback Requested

Composition and processing. Curious as to what others think about ICM as an artistic expression of a scene interpretation…

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
200mm, f/22, 1/4, iso 100

Even in the thumbnail I said woah. Then I opened it. Wow. This is terrific. The contrast of colors - cool and warm - always work, but the gently curved line of trees just makes this. Artistically I think it’s a soothing image, but because of the movement it conveys energy, too. Sort of like how early spring feels - you know it’s coming, things are stirring, but nothing has emerged yet. It’s still tamped down, but barely constrained.

Mario, I don’t do a lot of ICM’s. But when I have played around with them on snowy winter scenes, I often get some interesting blue tones in the snow and ice, just like you have here. And as an added bonus, you have got some warm colors from the vegetation to create some nice warm / cool color contrast. The effect you have achieved here is quite appealing.

A couple suggestions. You have a number of dust bunnies in the left half of the image that I would remove. I would also recommend trying to balance the luminosity more evenly across the image as you move from left to right. I would burn the ULC, and I would dodge the right 20% of the image. I would try to get the luminosity on the left and right sides more similar to the center.

Thank you @Kris_Smith @Ed_McGuirk for you time to comment. Ed here is an edited version based on your comments which I agree with.