Wish upon a Tarr

Last trail shot from me since I’ll be away from my laptop for a few days.

Once privately owned and managed, the Florence M. Tarr Preserve in Bedford, NH is a gem. Now maintained by the Piscataquog Land Conservancy, it’s over 300 acres of gorgeous land that every property developer is probably grieving to never get the chance to bulldoze. I visited it very briefly on a trip back to NH, and I know that if I still lived there, it would be a regular haunt. The mountain laurel is to die for. Another thing I miss.

Specific Feedback Requested

Open to ideas for improvement.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Handheld

laurel trail

Processed many times in Lr to try to get the tonalities right. Cropped to eliminate some open canopy. Tamed green channel into submission. Gradient and radial filters to manage your view. Photoshop to remove a weird straight branch in the undergrowth that really caught the eye.

@the.wire.smith
1 Like

Lush and green! What’s not to like Kristen. I can see why you enjoy this area so much as it looks so inviting. Happy the developers won’t get their hands on it. My only suggestion would be to tone down the bright area ever so slightly just left of center along the top edge. I bet this is lovely when the laurel is in bloom.

Thanks @Ed_Lowe - I am really relieved that this has remained a preserve. The town it’s in is so overdeveloped IMO, but that’s just because I grew up there when it was less so. When my mom lived there as a little girl, it was all dirt roads and dairy farms. Oh well, at least we have this bit and a few others. I really wish I’d seen the laurel bloom, but it wasn’t the right time.