Wonderland

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This particular area in Acadia NP, ME is aptly named IMO as the lowbush blueberry bushes are ablaze with their crimson fall color during the month of October. It is almost like a sensory overload. It was about 15 minutes past sunset so I needed a 20 second exposure. Fortunately there was no wind to speak of so I was able to capture this image. I need to get back up to Acadia sometime as it was before Covid when I last visited.

Specific Feedback

All C&C is welcome and appreciated. Please leave your thoughts.

Technical Details

Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 35mm, f 18 @ 20 sec, ISO 400, CPL, cable release & tripod.

2 Likes

Yes, Ed, fall has arrived again. Wonderful reds against the nice contrast of the lighter green. Your focus is right on - great for a long shutter speed in spite of the fact that you said it was quiet. Acadia is a wonderful park for bright color. I recall some interesting bright lichens there. Nice image.

1 Like

Ed, sensory overload is an understatement! This is really gorgeous. After I read that you did a twenty-second exposure, I was even more impressed. I had to go pixel-peeping and look at the finer details. That section grounding the image is so sharp. This is really a beautiful image and very appropriate to the weekly challenge theme.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of snags, and like the one hanging out quietly here in the center of the frame. A lovely capture!

1 Like

Ed, this is a great look at these fall colors, with the tight view create an interesting touch of abstract. You got the balance of shrubs and trees right.

1 Like

Many thanks @Larry_Greenbaum, @Egídio, @Dan_Hicks and @Mark_Seaver for taking the time to leave your thoughts. Glad everyone enjoyed the image.
@Larry_Greenbaum : Acadia is on eof my favorite locations, especially in the fall.
@Egídio : I was really surprised with the stillness and being able to use a 20 second exposure.
@Dan_Hicks : This little arae had plenty of snags, but this one seemed to work the best.
@Mark_Seaver : This actually is a crop; that I thought worked better; from a wider scene .