Wood anemone

This is the third image posted from my visit to the Hästhagen beech wood last weekend.

This is a more experimental image applying a very shallow DOF and rendering the scene in B&W.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f/1.2, 1/2000, ISO 64, 50 mm equiv. (mft system)

Black & white flower images are tough, but I think your experiment works well here - you’ve kept the whites bright and the green tones deeper and the repetition of shapes is key to making that shallow DOF work. Our brains fill in and illustrate for us. Placing a big tree in the middle of the BG keeps our eyes from wandering to the background and where you want us to look. The anemone here doesn’t bloom quite so evenly and I’m a little jealous of your wildflower blankets. Oh and the light here is clearly beautiful - a hard thing to convey with monochrome sometimes. Sweet.

I’m curious which MFT camera you’re using. I don’t know that I have a 64 ISO on mine as a native setting…I’ll have to check. It makes me think of the old days of Kodachrome. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@Kris_Smith, thanks for your supporting comments. My camera is an Olympus OM-D E-M1X. You could dial in ISO64 and 100, but 200 is the recommended value.

Ola, a beauty. I love the frailty expressed in the image and the light is perfectly augmenting this IMO.

Ola,
This works well for all the reasons @Kris_Smith and @Mario_Cornacchione mentioned. The area looks like a beautiful place to visit. I would be curious to see your color version for comparison.

@Mario_Cornacchione and @Ed_Lowe thanks for your kind comments.

Wow, I like this image a lot. The incredibly shallow depth of field (F/1.2) really makes the flowers stand out from what would appear to be a busy scene. I love the big tree trunk in the background and the smaller trees beyond that. This was really well seen. You might burn down just a hair the ULC tree trunk and the URC 3 tree trunks that pull my eyes just tad. This is a really nice capture Ola.

David, thanks for your kind comments. This image was one of those for which everything was deliberately planned and executed.

Agree! I will do that.