Old and new

Last weekend visiting the Hästhagen beech wood near our weekend cottage, even if rather windy, I anyhow got some images of the flowers.

Here I liked the contrast between the old deteriorating parts (brown leaves and the tree trunk) and the new spring flower bed.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f/16, 1/20, ISO 200, 50 mm equiv.

3 Likes

It does illustrate the rejuvenation cycle of nature quite well. The dappled light is soft and picks out the textures well without being overwhelming. The floral blanket is wonderful. Looks like a kind of anemone. You have yellow ones! Really nice slice of the woods.

I really like the composition, subject matter and the dappled light.

Very pleasing composition. Really like the serpentine trunks emerging from the carpet, the the image rhythm.

This is a very well thought out composition and you handled the dappled light very well. Nicely done.

I like your composition and shape of the dead branch. I woulld modify the color and WB to be warmer like @David_Wallace‘s recent post that is very similar in nature.

This image just says: spring! Beautifully composed with the dead trunk being the skeleton of the image. I like the somewhat cooler colours which adds to the sensation of spring. Yet the whites and greens look very natural. I wonder whether toning down the highlights just a bit might recover some of the green leaves in the upper right, but that is only a detail.

Anemone nemorosa if I am right. We do have carpets of these here in the Netherlands as well, one of the first spring messengers.

Very nicely done Ola. This dead tree on the ground works well in conjunction with the field of flowers, it helps add some structure to the composition, and elevates this image. I also think you did a great job processing the dappled light, I like how you handled this. Nice nature story about springtime.

1 Like

I really like what you came away with here, Ola. The image showcases the old and the new quite well with the fallen limb and the spring growth sprouting up from the forest floor. I also like your placement of the limb as it does a wonderful job of taking me through the scene. The dappled light also works well here. No suggestions from me.

@Michael_Lowe, @Ed_McGuirk, @Kris_Smith, @Ed_Lowe, @Igor_Hoveijn, @Igor_Doncov, @Alan_Kreyger and @Mario_Cornacchione thanks for your kind comments. I have got different suggestions regarding the color, but I think I stay with as is. Igor H., I will try to toning down the highlights as you proposed.