Woodsy

Found this little insect (body size approx. 1/2" long) on a morning glory type flower this morning and just had to see if he’d work with me a bit.

What I like about this image are the lines and curves of the flower, which at least for me, help to define the bug. I realize the perspective is odd, and thought of stacking to help with the details of the bug, however, there was a bit of a breeze and I am not that proficient at stacking.

Cropped 5:4, slight curve adjustment.
Nikon D7200 f/13, 1/80sec., iso 400, 100mm, tripod

All comments, suggestions and thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

Linda, I like this too. Nice management of DOF with sharpness where needed. The curves of the flower does add to this, in my opinion. And the colors make him stand out nicely. The petal down in the right corner gives me the feel that he is about to lunge over to it. Very nice.

Linda, the combo of strong, dark lines in the insect and soft pink glow of the flowers works very well together. As you present this there’s a strong feeling that the bug is looking directly at the viewer. The sharpness in the head and front of the thorax looks good. Based on the angular thorax, I’m going to guess that this critter might be related to the Leaf-footed bug that I posted in August although the markings are quite different.

Thanks @Shirley_Freeman and @Mark_Seaver for your kind comments. @Mark_Seaver

I did have a couple of other photo of this little fellow, this of the profile and the other of its back which did show a definite pattern. I’m guessing also that it could be the Leaf-footed bug.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

1 Like

Linda: I like how you composed this and the selective focus enhances the comp. Nice find and a fine capture. >=))>

Thanks Bill. I was just happy he held still for a second, allowing me to compose and get the shot!