Working with fog

Managed to get myself shooting in some fog & would love some feedback on this

The thought with the composition was to lead the eye in from the bottom right, to the left then up into the tree canopy, in terms of the edit I made it a little cooler & opted to use luminosity to bring the eye into the fame.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

How does the composition, colour & feel look & is there anything you can spot that would help make it better?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Love anything, I really appreciate the feedback

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Single-shot brought into photoshop then camera raw, luminosity masking and a little dodging + Orton effect

1 Like

Dale, this is an interesting photo. I really like the conditions. The spindly trees offer a lot to look at. I often try to avoid looking up and including the sky in woodland photos, but I think the inclusion of the sky works here because it does allow for contrast with the trees without being distracting. The one thing I’d point out would be the trunk on the left. It’s a little distracting to my eye. I suspect you were using it as a frame for the composition, but I’m not sure it’s inclusion is necessary.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like