Tips for shooting in fog!

What technical feedback would you like if any?

I played around with this composition a lot! Shot on a wide angle, telephoto, portrait… Settled on a 50mm prime lens f/11, ISO 100, 1/2 sec. Is this appealing? This is a single image; I have an exposure braceketed version, but settled on the middle exposure. Thoughts?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Editing / Tips shooting in fog

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Gorgeous. This is a tree “portrait” that I find very stately. The lighting is marvellous. I love the subtle colour shifts and the glow in the grass is transcendent. Beautifully seen and executed.

I like this. Very nice sense of light with the backlit fog and the lighter, yellow grasses at the base of the tree. The background tree is a bit intrusive on the main subject, but grouping them together in the center actually seems to work.

I agree with Kerry and Tony, this is a lovely presentation of this tree. I like the vignette, especially at the bottom, and the tones and changes in them are beautiful. I haven’t edited too many fog shots myself, but I find it important to keep contrasts low. Here I would maybe try to lower the black point a bit in the tree itself for an even softer feel. Of course this is also personal taste.