World Pride 2019

List b

Taken at world pride. My first uploads to the site. Really like these two shots taken of my friend Vemilo Evergreen, a performer to the highest regards. Taken with a Canon Rebel SL3. ISO 400. Shutter speed 1/560 @ f/4.0 focal length -66mm

Hi John. Welcome to NPN. I like the two images. The first is a fine portrait and the second a very cool abstract.

Some of the category titles can be a little misleading on this site and the Human and Fauna forum is one of them. If you click on the “Full Description” in the verbaige at the top of the Human and Fauna page, you"ll get this description of what it contains:
“This category is intended to celebrate the centuries-old close relationship between humans and many species of animals. We welcome photos of pets, domestics, animals confined in zoos, wildlife rehabilitation centers, game parks and reserves, as well as feral animals. If the photo was taken at a zoo, wildlife rehabilitation center, game park or reserve, please disclose the name of the facility where the photo was taken, as well as any other information that would be of value to those interested in wildlife conservation and education. Photos of ‘wildlife’ taken at commercial game farms are prohibited.”

I’m moving your post to the Non-Nature category where we put human fauna.

Thanks for posting and again, welcome to NPN.

Welcome to NPN, John. I like this image a lot. I even like the fauna element of this wonderful peacock array behind Vemilo. I’m increasingly using the Non-nature category here myself as I shift from landscape and macro to abstract expressionism and portraiture.

Just one critique item: The lower right corner white patch (another person’s shirt or part of a banner?) distracts a bit, but is easily cloned out.

I look forward to seeing more of your work here.
ML

Thanks Marylynne! For the welcoming and the constructive critique I will definitely edit that out.