Worm's Eye View of the Palouse

Hi Folks,
This is an image from my first visit to the Palouse. The perspective is afforded by deeply incised dirt roads, which allow a photographer to shoot from shoulder height at the base of the fields.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

I am always eager to know whether an image works at all. Do you find it interesting? Pleasing? Confusing, but intriguing, a major yawn fest? Just be honest.

Any pertinent technical details:

Canon 5D3 with 24-105mmL
ISO 200, f/9.0, 1/1000
Handheld

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

I really like the simplicity of this image. Sometimes simple can say a lot. The shadows on the green. The puff of clouds floating by. It’s a peaceful setting.

Hope you post more. And I hope that the warm spring weather coming up will encourage you to pick up the camera again.

Elegant, simple, well done, Marylynne.

Marylynne,

I love this! Your treatment of the colors, contrast is just wonderful. The POV makes this a bit different and also very effective. It’s not often we get to see what the Palouse is covered in, close up.

Image reminds me of the old MS Windows moniker… if you recall that. Not quite the same, but reminds me anyway.

Beautifully captured and presented.

Lon

1 Like

Yes!

I just googled it. I definitely see the resemblance. It was the default screen saver for Windows XP, an image called “Bliss” taken in Sonoma County by Charles O’Rear.

Gosh, maybe I’m vain, but I think my image is far better. Where are my big bucks??:sunglasses:

ML

I feel I’m standing in the green grasses (is it wheat?) and breathing in the open space of the prairie! The cool greens and soft blue of the sky are just wonderful and I love looking at the undulating line of the hills. If anything, a little softening of that line may be more pleasing but that may be just my own taste.