Worn

I was playing around with hand held, B&W imagery in Shaniko, Oregon and came across these boots under a bench. I just reacted and took a shot…kinda fun.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Fujifilm GFX 50R, GF 50mm f/3.5, 1/120 sec @ f/3.5, ISO 100, handheld.

Processed in C1, using Fujifilm Across B&W profile.

1 Like

Hi David! I love these boots. It’s a really nice shot for a quick reaction shot! Shaniko is a great little town too, though I haven’t explored it in a long long time. (I like the Shaniko gallery on your website.) My only nit is the square of light in the background.

1 Like

Good one. I kinda wish I could see the whole boot on the left but not huge. And funny, the square of bright light doesn’t bother me at all. Nicely creative!!

1 Like

I’m with Steve on this one. The bright light is slight distraction. Many years ago on the way to a river trip, we stayed at the old Shaniko Hotel. What an experience.

1 Like

@Steve_Kennedy, @Harley_Goldman, @Jim_Gavin thanks for the comments. Much appreciated. Yes, the square light in the background is distracting.

Steve, thanks for the comments on my Shaniko Gallery. Jim, I would have loved to stay in the Shaniko Hotel. Sure would beat the long drive before sunrise…

Another Wow! here. The lighting on the boots and their casual pose looks like a perfect studio setup! B/W is perfect for the light.

It’s worth playing with darkening the light area, but it’s a minor touch for a wonderful shot!

1 Like