Yellow-bellied Sapsucker

First time visit by this type of Woodpecker. Taken from my bird tent at about 15 feet from the tent to the feeders. The bird seemed to prefer the Holly berries to the variety of seeds in my feeders.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
canon 5ds-r, canon 100x400x1.4 lens at f-9, 1/640 sec. with iso 800. Using photoshop and Lightroom with minor Topaz DeNoise.

2 Likes

I’d love to see one of these! Wonderful detail and sharpness, and an interesting perch with a lovely soft BG! No suggestions for improvement!

Enjoying the detail in this one. Well done.

Very well done, Wayne. Excellent detail and a fairly typical perch for this kind of bird. I don’t know what kind of cropping you did, but if there isn’t something unpleasant around it, I think a bit looser composition would work even better.

A better HA would be nice, but the IQ and details are nice…

Thanks to all. I dialed in for a closeup in order to enjoy the detail.
Wayne

One of your best. Nice perch, pose, and diagonals. Sapsuckers and other woodpeckers like to look at the wood.

RePost to allow looser composition. This photo has a slightly different pose. I agree Dennis, to me, this composition seems better.

A very interesting looking woodpecker. Nice and sharp with lots of detail. I like the pose in the first but a bit loser like in the second. Well done.

Hi John
Woodpeckers are vary interesting. The coloring and detail are really good. I wouldn’t get much looser with the framing.
Peter