Yellowstone Bison

Relatively light snow storm as I saw this scene with a few bison off in the distance. It just spoke to me about the serene nature of this magnificent place.

1 Like

Keith, the z of the river, the clear trees at the edge, the bison and the disappearing tree lines in the distance make for a fine view. I could see cropping the lowest bit of water for a nice pano as well.

Very good, Keith. The different distances of the main elements do a fine job of conveying the storm feel. A lovely scene.

1 Like

Keith,

Beautiful depiction of Yellowstone at it’s heart - the wildlife somehow surviving brutal winter conditions… This tells a great nature story.

I suppose one could crop this in different ways - or not at all. If anything, I might crop some off the top to emphasize the bison and the river - also a Yellowstone staple. But I’m enjoying this quite a bit as processed and presented.

Lon

Lon: I had tried several different crop options and ended up just leaving it full frame, but after your comment, I went back and tried another view with a crop from the top and liked it. Thanks for the input. I’m going to put another view in the original thread for easy comparison.

Thanks @Keith_Bauer for considering the suggestion. I think the crop works beautifully! I didn’t mention in my original comment, but I think there’s a solid balance of elements with the crop.

Excellent!