Yet Again

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Yet again, for some reason the lightning strikes almost at the same spot

6DII, 24 105, F11, 30s
Balan Vinod

Technical Details

6DII, 24 105, F11, 30s

Corrected the lens perspective

Two lightning captures – that’s not fair!! But it is praiseworthy!

I like the idea of correcting the perspective, but it actually looks a tiny bit over-corrected along the right edge. I will often choose to just slightly undercorrect, to somewhat hide how much I fixed it. I like the detail in the sky – it looks a bit spooky. I think you could consider a crop from the left to a more squarish format, for more balance, but purely optional. A darker sky might be another option to consider, although lightning can really illuminate a cloud.

Looking back at your first post, for me the darker exposure there looks more dramatic.

I don’t know much about shooting lightning images, but I have seen images from another photographer acquaintance with a similar color sky and those are also from Mexico. Did you shoot continually or use a lightning trigger?

I’ve always liked lightning images, this one is no exception, Balan! :slight_smile:

The high-rise building on the right somehow adds a lot to the image for me.

Very nicely captured, Balan!

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your words. Its about how many continuous shots your camera can do. I do not use a trigger,. just do continuous frames.

Balan Vinod

1 Like