Yin Yang #2

Few days ago I found very fascinating conditions on the mountains. I was on the summit of a peak (2480m) and down at the pass the warm air from the valley created a local fog and with the combination of late afternoon light it was great to be there.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Very difficult conditions with the sun in front of me and an old 80-200 nikkor to manage. The processing was not easy at all but I am quite satisfied. Any suggestion is welcomed.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

The idea is the same of my previous image: contrasts. In this image I like especially the dialogue between the two mountains. Besides technical issues, is this an image which tells you something?

Any pertinent technical details:

Sony a7 with nikkor 80-200 f8

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I think this is cool! I’m getting some compositional tension between the top left and bottom right corner that feels good to me.

I think my main suggestion would be to hit the areas with the least amount of detail with some luminance and color noise reduction (mostly the bottom left and top right) to help the image look a little cleaner.

Mattia, I think this is really neat, with the balance between the sunlit ridge tops and the bright cloud. As a fan of crepuscular rays, I’d try to process those rays in the lower left quarter for a bit more contrast to let them stand out a bit more.