Yosemite Black Oaks

This image was taken 3 years ago in Yosemite Valley during a snowstorm in late winter. This is actually a color photograph but the scene was shot in heavy snowfall which actually makes this look like a black and white photograph.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

D850, 24-120mm, 35mm, ISO 160, 1/100 @f/10

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Single sh

ot

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

David, this looks great. In the large view, there are enough hints of color in the leaves, to make it clear that this is in color. The tall, strong oak stand out nicely with it’s snow covered branches. The smaller supporting trees along side fit well with your centering of the oak, adding to the sense that it’s dominant.

Well balanced with wonderful textures, and forms.

Thanks for your comments @Mark_Seaver and @David_Schoen. I appreciate you both taking the time to let me know your thoughts. I very much appreciate it.

A lovely composition, David. I really like the angle you chose to get this arrangement.