Young Boy

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

One highlight of our trip to Namibia was definitely a guided Leopard-Tracking tour. Our guide was able to locate a leopard mother wearing a radio collar.

Here you can see the son cuddling with the mother in the tall grass.

I am glad that I had bought a 2x teleconverter for my 100-400 before the trip.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback is welcome!

Technical Details

The eyes really stand out, like the quality with a 2X convertor on a zoom. I understand that twigs are part of the environment, but the thick one and the ones crossing the eyes are bit bothering.

Oh what a cute photo. I mean to comment on this earlier and ran out of time. The pose and the near eye contact is really engaging. The sticks and twigs are a bit bright in spots, but reducing them too much may make things look muddy and weird so it’s up to you if you want to try. The twig across the eye area should be easy to clone out if you want, but it’s not really bad. I like the mix of lighting here and how that implies stealth which is so much a part of these cats’ lives. Congrats on finding such a great moment!

@Kris_Smith, @JRajput
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I don’t mind the twigs so much. I liked this scene where the two of them were resting cozily, safely hidden in the bushes.

I also have photos of this young guy sitting in a tree calmly eating an antelope. It was impressive to be able to witness this at a distance of five meters.