Young Doe

![Young Doe]

Where I live in South East Queensland, the rain has caused immense flooding and there’s a huge amount of damage to homes and property. I have a creek in my backyard (Our home is high and dry) that has flooded way beyond its bank and had somehow separated this young kangaroo from her mob.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments and criticisms are welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
ISO 4000 f5.6 1/1600s 100-400@400mm Hand Held

Not much to do in ACR apart from Highlights reduced -100 and Shadows lifted to +76

Taken into PS. Subtle gradient burn from the LHS, image rotated to level out a tad.

1 Like

Well I hope she made it back to them. Such extreme weather all over these days - flooding, droughts, fires and intense hurricanes. I like the soft palette here and that you’ve caught her gazing off into the distance, maybe looking for her mob. I know it’s anthropomorphizing, but her paws almost look like she’s fretting about it. And as if she’s been licking her forearms to keep cool. Up here we’re tilting into spring, but you’re tilting into fall. You could have a go at eliminating some of the brighter bits of grass, but it’s not super critical. A terrific portrait.

1 Like

Gorgeous muted colors and wonderful detail! She does look worried. Can they swim?

I’m not sure if I’d remove the insects above her head, but they lend an air of authenticity. What a change in the weather from the heat and drought you had not that long ago.

I like the quality of the details in the hair/fur here Glenys, and the soft subdued colours really add to the feel of the post-rain environment. I like her looking into the frame but would also possibly like a little more of the body. A lovely shot

Glennie, this is an excellent look. I like how you’ve positioned her in the frame and how well coordinated the tones through the frame are. The flies (seen in the largest views) are a very real part of her reality.