A New Life

I was at the National Bison Range in early June and saw this Mule Deer Doe with her new fawn on my first day. It was a pretty steep angle down from the road to the river and finding an angle with no reeds in the way was impossible, so I cloned out one that crossed the doe’s face. I do wish she’s shifted her rear end a little, but she never did until she left the scene.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 591 mm, handheld, f/10, iso 2000, 1/1250, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 6546 x 4722. Taken June 4th at 10:26 AM under overcast skies.

1 Like

Such a lovely little scene. Nature doing the amazing things that nature does. Love the nuzzle from Mom. Reeds don’t bother me one bit.

This is such a tender moment you captured, Dennis. I love the angle of everything, I feel like even the way the mom is curled around her little one has a very gracefully protective look to it. I wouldn’t change a thing! Beautifully captured!

Beautiful moment, I just love that caring touch of mom.

I echo the awesome moment you captured, and the scene looks natural and appropriate to me. Even a reed across her face would not have bothered me. Well done.

Sensational moment captured wonderfully.

Very nice capture, Dennis! A very serene scene with gentle kisses for the new baby! Very good exposure and detail. The grasses don’t bother me either as it’s just part of nature :slight_smile:

Lovely capture!! Her pose is perfect, with the lines of her face leading right to the tiny fawn. The reeds are an excellent balance but I think you have the option of a second version with the group on the right cropped out.