The Power of Touch

I was in Shenandoah National Park last Spring, as usual, photographing the newborn fawns. Looking for something unusual. The fawns were just being born. In fact, some does giving birth the night before this image was captured. This tiny fawn nestled up next her mother in the early morning light. This was an amazing moment to witness. I like the side lighting that shows the touch and the overall green of the meadow around the pair.

Comments and critiques please.

Nikon Z6 II Nikon 200-500 ISO 800, 1/1000 at F8.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Used the new Select Subject feature in LR. Really enjoying that for isolating a bird or animal.

2 Likes

What a great moment you’ve captured - and the subjects are so clear. It could be cropped in closer, and I’d still appreciate the surrounding green - but also great as is.

Love this, Andrew! The expression on the fawn’s face says it all. She looks so happy and content with mom. A beautiful moment you got to witness and capture beautifully. Thanks for sharing!

Such a touching moment, Andrew. Well seen and well done. A bit of crop that @Mike_Friel suggested wouldn’t hurt either. It would give the subject a bit more presence.

1 Like

Beautiful moment, nicely captured !
As others have suggested, cropping it would enhance the moment.