Fond of a Fawn

Came across this little feller last spring emerging from a canopy of trees. I didn’t see mama, but quite sure she wasn’t far away. He really blended well into the foliage around him.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D810, 200-500 @220mm, f/5.6, 1/800, ISO 800

Color correction in PS, lights and dark TK masks

1 Like

What a little cutie. They’re irresistible at this age. I like the environment very much - they disappear so easily. Wish it was just a little further back so the green plant wasn’t coming out of its head, but what can you do? Maybe Content Aware Fill? Otherwise sharpness is terrific and the light nice and gentle.

1 Like

Beautiful detail on this lovely fawn. To be real fussy, in addition to Kris’s suggestion, you could try to remove the branch and in the TLC. But only if you want this printed really large. The russet surroundings are great!

There are always good points to be made on a photo such as this, but it does reflect the natural world and most of my attempts to follow your suggestions ended with an "artificial look, not at all as I experienced that moment.

1 Like

This is a nice tight look at this fawn, coordinating very well with its surroundings.

1 Like