You're In My Space

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This was taken in 2019 on the Chobe River, Botswana. We were in a boat fitted for photographers. The captain approached this fellow, who decided we were too close. It took split-second timing to catch him with his mouth completely open. Now, I must admit he may have been a she

Specific Feedback

All feedback is appreciated. (Do you think dental work is needed? )

Technical Details

This was taken with my Sony a6400 and a 100-400 lens. The camera was mounted on a gimble stand attached to the seat. Settings: ISO 400, f/8, 1/1000 sec. focal length 165mm.
Processed in LR & PS using TK9 luminosity masking and actions.

Barbara, your photo really emphasizes how massive and powerful hippos are. Nice work catching it so far out of the water with a wide open mouth!

Barbara, the brightness of her mouth and the crazy teeth make a very striking photo.

Thanks @Ed_Williams and @Mark_Seaver. To quote the BBC Wild Life Magazine. “The hippopotamus is a very aggressive wild creature and is the deadliest large land mammal on the planet. It is estimated that hippo attacks kill 500 people each year in Africa”.