A couple of more favorites

Found a few more of my favorites from this past year.

This damselfy isn’t the greatest photo, but it was a victory for me since she was still long enough for me to get some good practice shots.

Praying mantis - I’ve seen them many times in the past, but this was this first time I had witnessed a female devouring it’s mate - nature is truly amazing

Last, but not least, is while on a trip to Martha’s Vineyard earlier this year, I spotted this rock being washed over by the water. For me, it reflects the feel of the day.

I wish all of you a peaceful and healthy 2022.

2 Likes

Three lovely images, Linda. It looks like you had a good year.

Thanks Dennis . . .looking forward to 2022 with, hopefully, more time to enjoying nature.

Nice, Linda! I really like the beach image. Simplicity

Bravo, Linda. Really splendid images. The mantis was a real catch!

Thanks, @Harley_Goldman and @terryb, appreciate your kind thoughts.

Lovely, Linda! For it not being ‘the greatest’ I think it’s pretty awesome! The eyes are nice and sharp and it’s in a beautiful pose. I really like your style.

For me, the damselfly is an 11/10! Looking forward to what the New Year will bring!

Thank you, @Vanessa_Hill and @Diane_Miller. I am looking forward to what adventures the new year may bring.

1 Like

Linda,

A very nice collection of different subjects. The lestid is especially outstanding because they are quite challenging to capture. Awesome…Jim

1 Like

Thanks @Jim_Zablotny, I appreciate your kind thoughts.

Three great images, Linda. The insects are great but my favorite is the black stone. I for sure remember it as one of your previous very good postings this year.

Awesome, Linda. I agree with @Diane_Miller, that Damselfly is fantastic.

Thanks, @Ola_Jovall and @David_Bostock. Appreciate you taking the time to look and for your kind thoughts.

I sincerely hope you have more time to shoot next year, so you can bring us gems like these.

Thanks, @_Kris, that’s my goal. . .I’m optimistically hopeful I can get more time to be out and about. Cheers!

Praying mantis image is amazing. Focus is perfect in detail is wonderful. Well done!

Thanks so much, @David_Schoen, appreciate your kind thoughts.

3 very nice favorite photos, Linda! The Preying Mantis photo is particularly striking. The clarity and composition make it special. Hope next year is good to you also :slight_smile:

Linda, all three are excellent. The details in all three make them special. The damselfly has great sharpness throughout her body. The mantis captures a rarely seen bit of natural history, with the glistening of her wings a fine extra bit. There’s a fine sheen and lots of great texture in the wet stone, where I get an extra kick out of the air bubble holes in the sand.