2020 Favorites

Here are my (not posted yet) favorites from 2020. In a true year’s best some of these would be replaced with shots already posted this year.

1. Ice on my backyard pond with water lily growth beneath the ice adding colors (7 shot stack)

2. A buttercup lurking deep in tall grasses (one of my more successful push my limits efforts)

3. Wet Redbud leaves (14 shot stack, cropped to 89% FF)

4. “That was good”, Catbird ending it’s bath in the stream between my two ponds.

5. Promising, Butterfly milkweed bud cluster (a 9 shot stack).

6. Ruby-throated Hummingbird nectaring in a Pickerall weed cluster.

7. Hoverfly on Pickerall weed, the pattern on it’s back identifies this as Toxomerus marginatus , the Calligrapher Fly.

8. Pond Guard, a close up of a Blue Dasher perched on a Pitcher Plant guarding my pond.

9. A big yawn, This year, I discovered a local river where 2-3 inch fish gather in huge numbers. The Green Herons clearly know this spot well and would come close as long as I sat quietly. This one was caught in mid-yawn.

10. Backlit Broomsedge.

Happy holidays to all!

4 Likes

Mark, an amazing collection! I especially like No. 1 and 7.

All of these images are just amazing Mark. IMHO, they are noteworthy and definitely “wall hangers!” Very satisfy year, I would think. Holiday wishes to you and your family also.

Lovely collection, Mark!

Great collection, Mark. I really love the ice image (1) and the Hoverfly image (7). That ice image is fantastic! What a great composition of shapes. And the detail in the Hoverfly is super. Nice work!

Incredible set Mark! My favorite is number 1 but number 10 is a close second. Looks like a great year for you even with COVID. I would like to see some of your favorites that you’ve posted as well. Happy Holidays!!!

A spectacular set of 2020 favorites, Mark. My favorite is #1 with the pond ice. It has so many wonderful textures and details to savor. I seem to remember you posting several beautiful images of pond ice from your yard this year. Happy Holidays to you as well!

An excellent 2020 collection Mark! My favorites are #3 and #7. The way the fly’s wings match the petals of the flower in #7 is particularly cool :+1:

These are wonderful, Mark. You really are the king of focus stacking! A good year for all those macros. The frozen pond is my fave. Thanks for giving your time to this site and I hope you have a healthy holiday!

I would have to agree on this.

David, if you want to see what a member has posted, you click on their circle icon. When the “about” window show up click on their icon again. This gives you a page summarizing their NPN activity. Now click on the Activity label. Finally, click on the Portfolio label (lower left), you’ll get a display of all of their posts. To save you the trouble, here 's the link to my posts. https://community.naturephotographers.network/u/Mark_Seaver/activity/portfolio

Thanks for the information Mark. I never knew how to access a member’s Portfolio. This is great!
Also, what I meant was that I would love to see you post maybe 5 of YOUR favorite images that you already posted this year. Just curious which ones are your favorites from all of the content that you’ve posted. Thanks again!

Fine collection for 2020. #1 and #10 are my favorites.

A very eclectic collection, Mark. All of them are fine images, but I agree with Harley that #1 and #10 stand out from the rest.

What a wonderful collection, Mark, and I can see why they are your favorites of 2020!

Fantastic collection Mark, I’m particularly fond of the ice and leaves!

FYI you can get to someone’s portfolio even easier by clicking their avatar and then the photo icon:

1 Like

David, thanks for the tip on faster access to portfolios.

1 Like

Mark, I’m very impressed with both the diversity of subject matter, and the quality of images. It’s a really well rounded collection. While I am almost exclusively a landscape photography myself, I do appreciate well done nature photography. Images #7 and #9 tie for my first choice, I think they both have a lot of impact and tell great nature stories. The other images are all great too, but these two stand out for me. It looks like you had a fine year in 2020.

Just amazing Mark! What a unique collection for just one year! I especially like the Blue Dasher head on view but all are superb! Congratulations on making the most of this…well…unique year!