Unposted 2022 favorites

I try to not repost images (unless it’s been several years), so once again here are my favorite 10 shots from 2022 that I’ve not already posted. If you want to see what I’ve already posted, go here.

Very thin Birefringent ice shows the most saturated colors.

A close-up look into splashing and crashing at Great Falls on the Potomac, including a bit of mistbow.

My wife’s sundew was so happy that it bloomed.

A closed up Bloodroot bloom and it’s leaf. The blooms open and close daily for the few days that they bloom.

Mist rising from the pool that is Echinus Geyser on a cool day. This geyser hasn’t erupted in more than two years.

Indian pipes in the woods behind our house.

A glacier carved drainage off the top of the Beartooth mountains (2 shot pano)

Big rocks and rushing water in Big Creek.

Gravel Bar still life (Yellowstone River)

Through thin ice #11, another icestract from my pond.

4 Likes

Mark, what a wonderful array of images across the genre spectrum a bit. I’ll stay away from picking favorites here but the first and last ice shots are real stand outs in my opinion. Some truly fine work overall… :+1:
With the pandemic and actually having an episode myself this last year my image count is not that high. I do have a couple more to post yet during this WC session. I was still happy that I did get one image published even as rough as things were… :sunglasses:

Such an outstanding collection from this past year, Mark.

Mark, what an amazing set of images! A great combination of calm and dynamic images. You have a very good eye for finding interesting small scenes framed to achieve a pleasent composition and captured with great skill. My favorite is #1 with its amazing colors combined with an interesting pattern.

Although I think all are wonderful, my favorite is Potomac with Bloodroot a very close second.

No 3 for me, Mark - hope your wife was happy too!

Great collection Mark! I really like the ice abstracts.

Wonderful collection Mark! I love the two ice abstracts! I’ve never seen colors on ice like that!

You are the master of birefringence Mark! Wonderful set of images, congrats on amazing year!

Mark, these are amazing images, and you didn’t even post them until now. I would like a few hours to look at your archive of images stored away on your hard drives! Your ice shots are just the best though, in my opinion.

Really a fine collection you produce this year Mark. They all have their beauty. I’m a real fan of the ice shots. It just ever gets cold enough here for that to happen. Very enjoyable viewing!

Hi Mark,

This is a truly wonderful series of images and I can certainly understand why they are some of your favorites.
No particular favorite for me, I really like them all.

Well done, Sir! :slight_smile: