A Flower Of Dew

A FLOWER OF DEW

Tumble outta bed and I stumble to the kitchen
Pour myself a cup of ambition
Yawn and stretch and try to wake up fine
Jump in the shower and the blood starts pumpin’
Out on the street no traffic starts jumpin’
With idiots like me on the job from 5 to 9.
(free after Dolly Parton :wink: )

In camera multiple exposure light.

Specific Feedback Requested

I’m all into creating abstract images with in-camera multiple exposures. It’s great fun, hope you like it :slight_smile:
It would be fun to see if you can guess what the subject I used is.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Hardly any post processing, used a tripod, Nikon D850 and 70-200mm lens.

ingridvekemansphotography
3 Likes

Wow @Ingrid_Vekemans , this is mesmerizing and beautiful! I’ve only done a little in-camera multiple exposures, and I found it very challenging. You’ve got a fantastic pattern here.
My guess is that this is a spider web?!?

@Mark_Muller - thank you Mark, the more I do the multiple exposures, the harder I find it to take ‘normal’ photos, it’s just so much fun! And yes, good guess! More specifically dew covered and the orange colour in the BG is the rising sun. Thanks again! 8 exposures.

Grt, Ingrid.

2 Likes

Wow, Ingrid, this is amazing. I never would have guessed what it was, so kudos to @Mark_Muller for guessing. Very neat image. I haven’t even tried anything like this. Sounds fun, and definitely creative.

So terrific - reminds me of Spirograph drawings I would do as a kid. Super creative and well done. Love a spider web anytime!

1 Like

Fantastic execution and great fun!! Sehr gut!!

@Kris_Smith - me too! I was almost going to make the same comment!

Thanks a lot all for your enthusiastic comments. It is great fun to do so give it a go if you’ve got the option on your camera!

Grt, Ingrid.

Did the camera software do the rotations? Or did you rotate with each shot then the camera software combined them? Amazing, however you did it!

And now I see the flag is Belgium, not Germany, so I should have said, trés bien, or maybe heel goed.

Ingrid: This is so intriguing and so captivating. Well conceived and even better execution. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Wow, thanks a lot again!
@Diane_Miller I did the rotations, you have to take care to do it very precisely. And then the camera software puts it together and you get to see your result on the LCD… very exciting! And don’t worry, no offence taken :upside_down_face: - ‘Heel goed’ would have been my language :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Really interesting and fun result… was not that familiar with this technique. Nicely done! :clap:

This is an excellent abstract, Ingrid, nicely warm and inviting. The lines, shapes and colors all fit together very well. I can see how to do something similar in Photoshop, but it would take a lot of work. Relative to doing it in PS, I think the fact that you don’t have perfect top-to-bottom and side-to-side symmetry is a major benefit of the in-camera approach.

@Mark_Seaver Thank you very much, Mark, for your appreciation! Yes, it is much less time consuming than doing this in Photoshop… and apart from that, I love taking photos and I hate spending time on post processing :grin:

And I try to be as precise as possible, but the fact that it’s never entirely perfect, is something I don’t mind… nature’s full of imperfections as well :upside_down_face:

Thanks again!

Ingrid.