Dewey morning

Somehow, in the midst of a very dry “rainy season” (no rain for almost 6 weeks now), we had heavy dew yesterday morning. I went out with my macro lens and got a few shots before the sun hit this area and the breeze came up.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, Canon 100mm macro, f/8, ISO 800, 1/80 sec. 20 focus bracket frames processed in Zerene Stacker (no LR adjustments were necessary) with some retouching from one of the individual frames to soften some areas, then NR and more softening in PS with low opacity cloning. Big crop – to 20% of the original frame. I was afraid getting closer would bump some other grass that was touching this leaf.

2 Likes

Whoops – I should have put this in Macro – I’ve been too busy to post lately and seem to have forgotten about the categories! If it matters, maybe a mod could move it?

Beautiful grass reflections in the drops, Diane. The brownish and beige BG blobby bits in the LRC could be toned down a bit, I think, but I quibble. I like the angle of the spider silk too. Well done!

Oh, Diane, this is amazing! I’m thoroughly enjoying this image. Wonderful details in it. Each one of the droplets are so sharp. I also like the composition, with the two blades of grass coming into the frame and meeting up with the largest droplets near their points. Very pleasing image.

I will be glad to move it into Macro if you would like. Just let me know.

Thanks, @Shirley_Freeman – go ahead and move it. No idea what I was thinking when I put it in Flora…

1 Like

Diane, this looks great! It’s quite striking because of the details seen in the dew drops and because of the way the two leaves are pointing. The single strand of web is a fun extra.

Diane: This is marvelous. A wonderful find superbly captured and presented. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Amazing photo Diane. You framed and captured the details with amazing results.

Thanks, everyone! And thank you, @Shirley_Freeman, for the EP! What a wonderful surprise!

1 Like