Morning dew

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I went out on the deck the other morning and found this, between two of the vertical pieces, which are thin woven wire. Whatever I went out for was quickly forgotten. There was just a hint of breeze and stacking didn’t work but I was able to get the tripod squared up to the strands well enough to stop down. The background was far enough away not to be obtrusive.

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 7.07.47 AM

Single shot. A little cropped off the left and right for composition. Topaz Denoise and 3 sensor spots removed. Slight saturation increase – that was all.

3 Likes

Great job getting all those drops in such nice focus, Diane. I know how tough it is when there’s even the slightest breeze blowing those strands around. I really like the composition with the beautiful shape of the center structure.

Really good focus, Diane, and the background is beautifully creamy. I do like the geometric sort of composition too. We aren’t getting dew here, but perhaps I should get up earlier!

Diane: You mastered the challenges of single capture superbly here. Dew bejeweled webs are one of my favorite subjects but so hard to compose and capture. Most excellent. >=))>

Thanks, @Dennis_Plank, @Mike_Friel and @Bill_Fach – I just got back to seeing the comments! Dew drops are nature’s jewelry!

1 Like