Dew on Grass

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: ISO 400, 60mm Olympus macro lens,f3.2, 1/200.

Would welcome any critique. I am trying to work on simple compositions - presentations.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Hi Bill! This is a lovely image! Very nice comp and subject. I really like the lighting and colors. I love the dew drops on the magenta leaves (blooms?), and the background color works very well with them. I also like the OOF near-mirror image of the stem to the right of the main subject. Well done!

1 Like

Bill: Simply wonderful color palette and amazing clarity in the drops and enough detail in the refractions to almost simulate a little painting within. My primary suggestion would be to crop pretty aggressively to isolate the two stems better. Great to have you posting in Macro and looking forward to more. >=))>

Hi Bill, I really love this image. The soft pastel colors makes this shot a pleasure to my eyes. I think sometimes we (or at least I), are tempted to crank up the contrast, but this is really nice. I do like Bill Fach’s crop. The out of focus stems to the right are more slanted, and seems to not go with the rest of the image. Steven mentioned the mirror look, and I agree. That to me is a nice addition to the image. Great shot.

Bill, thanks very much for your critique - very helpful. Your thoughts about the cropping really helps the presentation. This is much better and retains the simple lines. Thank you. Bill

Shirley, thanks for your feedback and observations on the cropping . I learned something from this exercise. Thanks. Bill

1 Like

Bill, this is a lovely look at this dew covered grass. The oof head behind is nicely mirrored and Bills crop emphasizes that mirroring. The details and colors in the main subject are outstanding.

1 Like