A foggy day at the beach

Image Description

I took this photo during a walk along the beach close to my summer cottage at the south coast of Sweden. It was foggy and fortunately no wind.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

• Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Any comments are welcome! I wanted the lower FG and the BG to fade away as moving into the image. Is the water OK or to much or to less accentuated? How white to make the fog?

Technical Details

1/500, f/8, ISO 400, Olympus 40-150 mm lens @ 40 mm (80 mm equiv.), Olympus OM-D E-M1X camera.

3 Likes

Ola, this is very intriguing and attractive. I think the fog in the BG is just fine, wouldn’t lighten it up any more. The water is fine as well…not sure how you could change the lightness of the water without affecting the foreground. This has a nice, high key feel to it. Well seen.

I would consider cloning out the small twigs/branches in the lower left corner…just the couple stragglers…

Cheers,
David

@David_Bostock thanks for your kind comments, they are always appreciated.

I will do that, thanks for pointing it out.

Yes, I have already and will once more try to make the image even brighter to get it more highkey.