A Foretaste of Spring

Magnolias present us with a promise for next year against a backdrop of red maple leaves, as fall comes to an end.

Specific Feedback Requested

Taken with the telephoto lens. as an uphill slope prevented a closer position. The leaves were several feet beyond the buds.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D500 + Tamron 150-600mm (@550mm) and tripod. f6.3 1/1250 ISO 320

8 shots stacked in Zerene (DMap @100%). Topaz Denoise, some Shadows and Highlights in PS, Topaz Sharpen.Some darkening of the central bud in a layer.

2 Likes

What a striking image. That deep red is so visually arresting. The simple arc of twigs are delicate and elegant and I like the arrangement.

Hi Mike
You have to be given credit for the stacking and final image, that is quite lovely. But for me the buds have me thinking of spring.
Peter

Wonderful complimentary colors, Mike. Love how the arched limb creates movement and energy to the scene. Very nicely seen and captured.

Mike, the arc of limb and buds against the colorful background looks very good. The final bud looks just a touch soft, so you might have needed one more slice. I’d desaturate the red as it’s drama overwhelms the subtle greens and whites of the buds.

Good eye to frame the buds against the reds. For me, the reds are not too saturated or strong. There is enough variability in brightness and color to keep them from overpowering the buds.