A gap

Most of the fall colors are gone, but there were still some Red Oak leaves growing on small understory trees, so I started looking for backlit leaves. While I didn’t find any singles or clusters of leaves that worked for me, I was attracted to the shape of the gap between these two leaves. A seven shot stack in a light breeze. (5D3, 180 mm macro, 1/250 s, f/9, iso 800, tripod)

I like this a lot, Mark. It is different in a very good way. I would be inclined to clone out the big white spot at the top, as I find my attention strongly pulled there. Otherwise, the processing and comp look really good.

Love the negative space Mark. Reminds me of the “face vase” image from years ago. The color and detail in the leaves are outstanding. And the blue to green OOF background only helps emphasize the leaves. Very nicely seen and captured.

I like this a lot too, Mark. That space between the leaves somehow really appeals to me. The colors are gorgeous.

Mark: Well seen and captured. I’m pretty much in agreement with Harley regarding the white spot but everything else works great. >=))>

A very nice image with excellent stack work. Love the bright colors and the negative space. I like the diagonal composition of the gap.