A hazy lazy afternoon

This is an image I took this past October. There was still a lot of smoke in the air (from forest fires) that resulted in this haze. Rather than fight it, I chose to go with it and processed this in a style that I typically don’t.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is most welcome, and I’m especially interested in what you think of the post processing.

Technical Details

1 Like

Wonderful work making the conditions work for you, Tom. I love the symmetry. This also would work great as a B&W in my opinion. Well done.

Thanks for the feedback @David_Bostock ! I’ll admit that I actually didn’t even consider a B&W. Probably because it’s not something I’m used to doing but I will try it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like this scene Tom, something I can certainly associate with here in NZ (lake with various hills, mountains, and ridgelines gradually fading into the distance). It creates wonderful feelings of peace and calm. Lovely. While I understand that it may look good in B&W as David suggested, I think the coloured details in the trees on the RHS really do add to this image. Cheers.

Thank you for your comments @Phil_G ! I truly appreciate your input. :slight_smile: