A new Start

On the last day of 2020, I headed to a nearby beach and try to capture some waves.
It turns on that there was a beautiful and calm day so i focus on the wet sand reflections.

just a simple image

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D7100
Nikon 18-105

f16 iso 100

Oh my, what beautiful, gentle colors. This is quite lovely. For me, it’s all about the colors and soft reflections (which you mention, also). From that perspective, I’m wondering if you need the bottom part of the frame, with the grainy sand and pebbles. Perhaps cropping off the bottom part with those 5 sharply defined pebbles would accentuate the gentle colors and reflections more.

Sometimes simple really works well; I too think this is quite lovely João . Proof that different things appeal to different people, I like those pebbles in the foreground and think they are an interesting anchor. Since I like the pebbles, my only slight suggestion would be a slightly lower camera position to move the pebbles a little higher in the image.

João, I think this is a great beach picture. I especially like how the backwash around the pebbles and the long lines in the sand lead into the distance and connect with that lovely sky.

I like the simplicity of this scene. I agree that those rocks actually diminish the image rather than improve it. I would crop just above the highest one.

@joaoquintela this image conveys a wonderful sense of open-ness and depth. The gentle colors and contrast level create a nice inviting mood. There is a somewhat dreamy feel to this image. I like the image as presented, and wouldn’t change anything.

This image really conveys a sense of expanse. There is very little I can add to what Ed has said. I also like it very much as presented. Beautifully seen and executed.

Thank you all for your comments/suggestions.