A quiet escape

This is a view along the Hawlings River in Rachel Carson Conservation Park. It used to be an exurban park, near the edge of the developed area in Maryland, but over the 35 years that I’ve been visiting, it has become well known. In this time of social distancing, it is being visited by between 5 and 10 times as many people as normal, so finding quiet isolation has become a challenge. I got significantly off trail to find this quiet view along the river. (5D3, 24-105 @ 27 mm, 1/13 s, f/16, iso 400, tripod and polarizer)

This is so nice, Mark - from the perspective you’ve chosen you feel you are about to glide along the stream in a canoe. It is indeed so restful - the trees enclosing the river to make a scene you feel safe in.

Looks like your perseverance paid off Mark. What a wonderfully quiet spot. Wish I had such a peaceful, shaded stream so close by. Truly great photo.

A really nice and peaceful scene, Mark.

Mark,
The greens of the surrounding forest are gorgeous as is the side light coming into this inviting scene. The reflections work well and the placement of the stream draws me nicely into this relaxing scene. No suggestions from me.

Wonderful color and mood. Superb leading lines. A relaxing view. I was thinking myself of posting something from Rock Creek Park which is in many places quite similar.

How lovely and calming. I’d be in heaven with that expanse of still water and trees.

We’re seeing the same phenomenon here - there are many more people out and about on the river trail (along the Sacramento River in Redding, CA) since the “lockdown” began.