Hawlings River

The Hawlings River, is Maryland’s smallest river. In fact, based on flow, it’s smaller than Seneca Creek, which runs about 10 miles further west of this spot. This is a mid-spring view with lots of young leaves not fully grown. (5D3, 24-105 @ 31, 1/13 s, f/16, iso 400, tripod and polarizer)

1 Like

Sweet little spot, Mark. Let’s have a picnic! A very pretty capture.

Hi Mark,

I think you did an excellent job with capturing this scene. The bright reflection lower left catches my eye, I like the blue in that part of the scene. BG is nice too…Jim

Lovely river photo Mark. Really like how the curve of the little river pulls my eyes right through the composition to the back of the forest. Also the lighting and softness of image adds to the quiet feel of the whole photo. Very nicely seen and executed.

This is an enchanting picture of a quiet waterway, The sweep of the river takes me into the scent, and the sweep of the tree takes me around the scene. Nicely composed!
For me the trees on the far left bank are a little bright. I saturated and burned them, dodged and burned some of the right side foliage to emphasize depth, and added a vignette, which tamed the slightly bright are on the water a little.

Excellent color, leading river, diagonal shadows, and comp. I like it!

Mark: The almost perfect reflections add to the calm quiet mood. Well seen and presented. >=))>