A stick for the Homestead

Description: Bald eagles like other raptors bring new sticks for the nest even after the eggs hatched. It is not a great photo, but I did catch a few lumbering giants in flight while waiting for warblers.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D850 600mm f4 (1/2000sec at f10, ISO 1250) Levels, Topz DeNoise AI, Crop for comp…Jim

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Hi Jim
It is interesting that your Bald Eagles have a grayer tone to their body and the ones have ben photographing have a brown tone to the bodies. I watched a Eagle spent 30 minutes working the new stick around the nest this past week. They are something to see in action. The photograph shows a nice angle of this Eagle returning with the stick.
Peter

1 Like

I noticed Peter’s comment on the grayness of the eagle. It looked to my eye as if you tried bringing out more detail and took it a tad too far, but it could be the natural coloration. A good behavioral image.

1 Like

The stick makes all the difference in this shot. It’s also a nice flying pose and I like the intense look in its eye.

1 Like

Well done! He’s really hanging onto that stick. Tonal detail looks OK to me for shooting a dark bird against the sky. And I like the soft sky color.

1 Like