Little house hold modification

The Eagles are building the side walls of the nest, I guess, for when the eggs hatch. This shot was taken on March14, 2022 in the back of the BigY.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm, f7.1, 500mm, 1/2000, -.7 EV, ISO 400. The shot was cropped by 10%. In DXO Photo Lab 5. I adjusted the exposure, highlights, midtowns, and shadows. As you can see the eagle is backlight.

Very nice. Best viewed in the large image. I like the lighting on the tail feathers.

Great catch, Peter. I love the position, composition, and the lighting. I do see a hint of haloing, around the head, but that’s minor. Well done.

HI Allen & David
Thank you for the comments. I did not see the hint of a halo around the head. This is this is the raw shot I started with. The posted photo was brought through the magic of DXO PhotoLab 5.
Peter

You took a difficult exposure and made it work with photo lab five. I really like this program and your processing using it is one of the reasons. The pose and wing position are superb.

Ah… the classic flight problem of a dark bird against a bright background. When I see that I immediately add at least +1 to the exposure while I’m shooting. For this one, I’d guess it probably needed at least 1 1/3 if not a bit more. That would allow for the maximum quality in the plumage

I like the pose and eagle carrying a stick adds something to the story. The white on the head is quite cool especially on the highlight side compared to the color of the tail which suggests that the head of the bird was in deep shadow when photographed. Selectively reduce the blue edge on the head will help correct this artifact. You did very well with post processing and adult bald eagles are always a challenge for metering correctly. Well done…Jim

Hi David, Keith & Jim
Thank you for the comments. Dvid you are too kind. I will remember to bump the
EV on my next shot of the Eagle from this angle and Jim I went back and played with the head and just could not make the Eagles white any better.
Peter