A Walk in the Rain

It was one of those days. Cold, wet, raining and large parts of the trail I normally hiked were under standing puddles. All in all pretty miserable. I had just about convinced myself to turn around and call it quits when I turned the corner and saw this gleaming at me from the forest floor. The number of droplets perched on it was stunning, and for some reason this leaf was flipped over. This is actually the back of the same leaves that are in the background.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all honest feedback is welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Camera: Fujifilm X-T3
Lens: Fujifilm 16-80mm f4

ISO: 80
Focal Length: 80 mm
Aperture: f/4
Shutter: 1/25 s.

30 images focus stacked using Helicon Focus.

adam.klaum
2 Likes

Hey
Adam, this is really stunning. Nice work on the Focus Stack…no wind, I guess.

The B&W treatment is nice too. Is this one of the Fujifilm film profiles, like Acros?

The comp is nice too. I at first thought the leaf was too high in the frame, but it balances nicely with the other leaves in the background. Well done.

1 Like

Outstanding capture, Adam and stacking. Love the detail and the black/white effect. Very nicely seen and executed.

Thanks David! There was a tiny bit of breeze, but Helicon was able to handle the stacking with the slight movement. The focus bracketing on the X-T3 really helps as well. The black and white conversion was done in Photoshop with my own concoction for slight sepia toning. I’ve started playing a bit with the film profiles, but this one was straight RAW. Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you Linda! I appreciate your kind words :slight_smile:

1 Like

Adam, this is really a wonderful capture. The leaf being turned over was really a bonus, making it stand out from the rest nicely. You did a fine job to capture all those droplets and their refractions. Just an outstanding image, and I can’t think of a thing that could improve it. So glad you hadn’t given up on your hike before finding this.

Beautiful, Adam. Great detail and love the B&W treatment. Processing looks spot on. I quite like this one.

Thanks Shirley! I’m glad I walked a little farther too!

1 Like

Thanks Harley! Much appreciated.

I’m late here and can only add to the praise above! I think this is outstanding, both for the detail and for the beautiful silvery tonalities!

Adam: Well seen and captured, processed and presented. Superbly crafted image. >=))>

Thanks so much Diane!

Thanks Bill! I really appreciate the feedback.