About 10 Days Later

The wasps have their little ones tucked in here …

Balan Vinod

Very nice, Balan. Great details in the wasp closest to us as well as it’s nest. You didn’t specify what lens you used (or settings) but I am hoping you had a nice long macro lens. In the large view, is it babies I am seeing way back down in those sectionals?

Balan: I have to confess that wasps are NOT one of my favored insects and generally when I find a nest like this it will go away quickly. Nevertheless this is a fine shot. I do find the OOF wasp significantly distracting so I did some quick and dirty CA and cloning and a mild crop to simplify the image. Fine image of some interesting behavior. >=))>

Hi,

A very nice nest shot of some paper wasps. You captured somre nice details and I like Bill’s rendition with tighter crop and OOF wasp removed. Well done…Jim

Balan, this is a fine, close look at these wasps and their nests. The oof wasp doesn’t bother me, but I would like to see a bit more dof to better see the details in the cell coverings. The details in the sharp wasp’s eyes show how close you were!