Abstract painting

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Hiking in the Gran Sasso mountain range I met this very unusual mountain decorated by a fancy design like an abstract painting. The creations of the nature are endless. It was at twilight.

Technical Details

Zii, Nikkor 70-200mm at 70mm - 1/80 - f/11 - ISO 1100 handheld at twilight

What an interesting find. The white patterns are fascinating. I also like the triangular shapes in the background/top of the frame.

Fascinating indeed!! For me, I would crop off the top to remove the BG hills, even at the expense of losing some of the main peak. The story for me is the lower 3/4 or more of the image.

This is very neat and I love the green and grey colour palette.

Giuseppe, So very strange. I like it and have to look very carefully to see what it is. As Diane says "fascinating " !!

I’ve seen this type of strcture before and am always impressed by it. I would darken the entire background behind the mound and make it stand out. I don’t know if that can be done though.

The suggestions of Diane Miller and Igor Doncov both for me solve the problem and improve my photo. I post both the revised images to ceck if I made the right things.

1 Like

I rather like the original crop, the structures at the top are interesting. I think this might work well in B&W.

how about b&w?

Guiseppe, this is a fascinating mountain and both of your mods are nice improvements, although I prefer the shape contrast with ridge behind that the full frame view gives. For me that adds to the sense of how unusual the main shape is.

Gigi: I’ve been out of touch a bit but glad I saw this. I do like the original comp and love the scene. Well seen and nicely presented. >=))>