Adirondack Sunset

Here is an old Canon 10 D file shot in May 2004. I reprocessed it recently. The color is natural with a bit of vibrance and dehaze added in post. I remember the fog and in post I tried to bring this out. I did use Topaz Denoise to reduce the inherent “grain” of the old 10D at the ISO 400 used in this image.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any and All

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any and All

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Images as was presented from the camera processed in Lightroom and PS with Topaz Denoise

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

The mist adds just the right amount of atmosphere. Two small nits. Not nits really, just personal preference. The image seems a little too warm for the conditions and I would like to see the image presented larger than the one you posted.
:vulcan_salute:

Hi Ed. Gorgeous mood of this image. Just the kind of morning I get excited about. It seems like you’ve controlled the dynamic range shooting right into the sun.

I agree with Michael’s preference regarding the warmth. Dovetailing from this, the saturation of the sun reflection seems a little distracting to me. You might be able to select this area specifically and do a targeted desaturation. To me the draw of this image is the mist and trees.

A beautiful, well-balanced scene! There isn’t much I’d change, but I agree with the comment above that you could desaturate the sun’s reflection a tad and it might help. I would consider even cropping out a little of the bottom layer to see if that helps.

Thank you for sharing it.

I really like how the sun and the cloud in front came out. There’s absolutely no flare.