Affection

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The love of a mother for her child.
The group of red deer consisted of the dominant male, several does and young animals. It was the end of the rutting season, the young animals were presumably born in spring and almost grown up.

Specific Feedback

I also have images with both animals visible in full, but for this one I zoomed a bit more to emphasize the zone where the affection is most visible. Would you prefer to see more?

Technical Details

Pentax K3 Mk. III, Pentax 150-450 @450mm, ISO 800, f6.3, 1/320sec. Tripod, no crop. Very little post-processing in DxO PL6.

Hi Han !
Your techs reminded me that I started my photographic journey with Pentax system, about 35 years ago. I had Pentax Super A & Me Super.
Coming to your image, technically it is very good but composition is not working.

Hi Jagdeep!
Well, I stayed with Pentax over the years, from MX to LX to my 3rd digital DSLR nowadays, sometimes still using lenses from the old days (that all work well with the recent cameras). Didn’t drop the brand, although I worked for the Canon company several years till my retirement.
A pity that the composition doesn’t work for you, but thanks for taking your time to comment. Appreciated, as always.

1 Like

The expression of the young one is captivating. I would like to see more of the mother than just her back end. By using vignetting with the two of them, you should be able to give more attention to the point you wish us to notice. You could also use a subtle spotlight to guide our eyes.

1 Like