Against the Flow

A single clump of watermeal holds on against the current. This was a fun find beside the boardwalk in Brazos Bend State Park. Texas.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any thoughts are welcome.

Technical Details

1/2 Sec. F 5.6
ISO 100, 181 mm

CPL to reduce the glare off of the water.
Contrast and vibrance adjustment in LR, and sharpening.

5 Likes

This is really cool, Todd! It looks like a galaxy or star trail photo! Great capture!

I love this! I love the color and the composition, and it leaves room for the imagination. I really like the texture you got here, but I also wonder what it would look like with a slower shutter speed? Not better maybe, just different. This one is great as it is, though—it really caught my eye!

Very effective and eye-catching. Nicely done. Not sure about the white borders.

Thank you. Yeh, the borders are a byproduct of the export; I don’t care for them either.

Hi Todd – This is a great photo. Interesting subject and a creative way to photograph it. I only have two small comments. You could consider darkening the brightest little green moving spots right next to the stationary island. Those spots catch my attention and pull me away from looking at the island since they are the brightest moving things in the whole frame. You also could consider cloning out some of the bigger white speckles in the water just to simplify the scene a bit. Both of these are tiny things since overall, I think this is a very successful photo.

1 Like