Alaska Range + Repost

Ok so I went a little pano crazy on this hike in Denali NP. This one is from the same hike as my previous post and is a 10 shot stitch. Part of Mt Denali is showing near the right edge but mostly covered by clouds.

Specific Feedback Requested

Appreciate any feedback

Technical Details

10 shot stitch in Lightroom, Processed in Lightroom and Photoshop
Iso 200, F/8, 1/640 sec @ 290mm

Hey Glenn, great panorama photo. I think one of the hardest part about Panoramas is maintaining lines and shapes throughout the entire thing and having a good horizon line in the entire photo. I think you’ve done a really good job of that mainly the dark line going down the bottom of the frame. If there was one thing I would say that could make this even better is boosting the yellow colors in the photo, a little bit more to play up that blue and yellow in the same photo. If you do that this photo will be really enhanced and you’ll take a great panorama and make it even better.

Thanks David! I had a bit of a hard time working on this image, the colors are pretty muted. I will give your suggestion a try though.

Is this better? I warmed the white balance in those areas and added some saturation.

1 Like

Glenn the repost works nicely. Just a touch of increase in the yellows without warming the whole scene too much. Nice.

Beautiful mountains Glenn. These big panoramas are just hard to appreciate properly on a small computer screen. I would love to see this printed huge on the wall of a long hallway; it would feel like you were really there :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you @John_Williams! I would love to see it printed large too!

I agree with @John_Williams. These ultra wide panoramas are sooo difficult to appreciate on a small computer screen. I too would love to see this one printed really large. I think then I could really appreciate the work that went into this one. I love the rework also. Subtle but nicely improved.

1 Like

Thanks @David_Haynes! Hard to appreciate on a small screen for sure