All in a row

This image was taken at a local county park about 6 miles from my house. I really love when the frozen fog takes over. On my way home, I pulled into the parking lot here to try to take a few images. It was snowing pretty hard and the road wasn’t plowed. I was the only one there and hoped I was not going to get stuck. This is one of the images I captured that day.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Technical Details

2 Likes

Oh I love pointy trees in snow. Fog a bonus! And not getting stuck. The scene is pretty, but a bit static and repetitive. Did you get any smaller slices of this or have anything disrupt the foreground maybe? Tough to do with deep snow, but could be worth exploring.

1 Like

I do! I’ll post in the comments on a little bit

1 Like

It’s nice you have such pretty trees to photograph that will hold the snow. I’m more and more appreciative of a white winter scene and the serenity they often have in contract to how uncomfortable they can be. :slight_smile: I would be interested in seeing different views also as @Kris_Smith suggested, but I probably wouldn’t have thought much about it on my own.

1 Like

Martha, I think you’ve done well at showing this good looking stand of snow covered trees partially hidden by the fog. My one thought is to crop the sky, so that the amount of sky is similar to the snow at the bottom. That would emphasize the trees a bit more. I think the panoramic format fits the scene well.

1 Like

This is a view we won’t see at a local park here in Phoenix, AZ. (If we do, well, then hell did freeze over :slight_smile: ).
Lovely image. I like the suggestion of cropping a bit off of the sky; also see two different square crops in this photo. Very nice!

Thank you @Kris_Smith, @karlag, @Mark_Seaver and @J_Fritz_Rumpf for the comments and suggestions. I had not had time to log back here but here are some of the other shots from that day.

I do love the suggestion of cropping the sky and ha ha Fritz

@Martha_Montiel I really like that second one with the foreground tree. It has just a little bit of color that is pleasing to me, and it works as a focal point before exploring the other trees. Thanks for sharing additional images.

1 Like