All that light

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The sun in the sky
Bringing light to a new day
Drowned in water

Specific Feedback

I like to know what is right or not so good maybe. All feedback is welcome

Technical Details

F16, 1/25, iso 320, 24-120 at61mm

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

Hey Ben, this is a really interesting effect and the poem pulls it all together. A creative idea for sure. For me, I’m drawn more to the misty light on the background than the sunstar at the bottom. Cropping the sun star out and create a panorama leaves a very different image which I think I like better, but I also can appreciate the originality of what you have created.

Ben, my first impression: the subject is abstract, a reflection of a light, and isn’t in a dominant position but at a lateral bottom. That’s why in my opinion I would like better a crop of the left real part of the image to put the subject a little more in the center.
In truth I prefer David’s idea so I have tried to edit it hoping that you can accept a considerable change of your image that also now makes more visible the very nice details of grasses, flowers and leaves.

1 Like

The light in the midground and in the background is really beautiful. I also love the dark trees and how they interact with the rest of the image. While I get why you composed it this way and including the reflection of the sun was really clever, I unfortunately don’t think it works. I think that is because this really feels like two separate images forced into one.

@Giuseppe_Guadagno , @David_Wallace, @Tom_Nevesely , Thank you all for this wonderful comment,You gave it a totally different feel. I was a bit focused on the light in the water. And I also think there are two images in one. Therefore @Giuseppe_Guadagno I like the rework very much.
It is good to see how everyone looks different at an image.Therfore I stay with my original . But again you all thank’s for showing me the possibilities

Hi Ben,

Well, I like the sun in the water - that’s what the photo is all about. I see a conversation between the sun in the water and the light coming down from above. For me, there is a strong vertical element to that part of the frame. With than in mind, I’m wondering if you have a vertical of the scene focusing on the right-hand side of this scene. Like this, perhaps:

@Bonnie_Lampley . Bonnie, I like your interpretation . Like me you see the conversation ( good chosen word) between the light in the water and from above.
It also makes my image stronger. Thank you so much for your different view on my image.

Ben

1 Like

Lovely unique image. I am really attracted the the misty BG light. The sunstar in the water completes your vision. I also like @Bonnie_Lampley and @Giuseppe_Guadagno crops. I could never be a large format photographer. Too much wasted film. I always see numerous crops of my images that I didn’t see in the field.

Michael, thank’s for your attention and nice words.

Ben