Alone

Reviewing some of my fall images and I started to process this image. I like the small yellow tree peeking out from the evergreens. I was with my family and they are not always willing to wait for me to setup the tripod etc. So I took the shot hand held.

Specific Feedback Requested

any feedback welcome. Image is a bit soft around the yellow tree but it was also windy as the evergeens seem a bit sharper than the yellow tree.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
1/800, f/5.6, 330mm on full frame iso2500 handheld. processing in LR and Topaz DenoiseAI.

1 Like

Nice illustration of the title. I wonder if cropping down from the top to the tips of the foreground evergreens and darkening the trees surrounding the yellow tree might serve to bring emphasis to the subject.

1 Like

I like this image a lot Bryan. At first glance, it’s the splash of yellow against a sea of green that grabs your attention. But as I looked closer at the image, I liked it for the variety of shapes, and textures in the spruce trees, making the “green” part of the image not as uniform as it appears initially, and thus more interesting. I agree with @Chris_Baird about a crop from the top (and maybe a little bit from the bottom too. Here is what I had in mind.

1 Like

@Ed_McGuirk and @Chris_Baird . Thanks for the input. I’ve started exploring different crops on this image. I do like Ed’s crop.

1 Like