Along the Bold Coast in Downeast, ME

Description: Location is in Cutler, ME along the Bold Coast. I was effected by the vast space and multiplicity of the detail of the natural setting, but added to that was the small boat in the mud waiting for the water to fill the the channel. Canon EOS-1D Mark IV, EF 100-400mm, 4.5-5.6L, ISO160, 100mm

Specific Feedback Requested: Comments welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

How the tides effect life in this area is always dramatic, Harvey. This is a fine depiction especially with the stranded boat. The zig-zag of the waterway pulls my eyes into the distance with the far trees and cloudy sky adding a touch of coolness and serenity. BTW in the small views, I thought the boat motor was a human, which added a fun bit of irony.

1 Like

Really nice scene Harvey. I like how the mud meanders around the frame and the grasses are a nice compliment to the mud.

Thank you Mark for your valuable comments. Sounds like you are familiar with this wonderful area. Your description was a true seeing of what’s there. I appreciate it.

Regards
Harvey

84CC6363696B42E0A8869C973083017A.jpg

Thank you David. I was taken by how the channels of mud seemed to move even though there was no water in them. Meander is a good visual term, and in relation to the grasses, as you pointed out, does enhance the scene. Your comments add to the photo.

Regards
Harvey

84CC6363696B42E0A8869C973083017A.jpg

That could only be Maine, I thought when first viewing, knowing the tidal range up there. This is a fine representation of low tide in this area, with the undulating water bed crisscrossing the landscape. The lines certainly draw you in and up to the forest in the background; the greens and golds make for a pleasing combination and the little boat shows the promise of future floatation.

1 Like

Jim, you’re so right, it’s Maine! You are undoubtedly familiar with the landscape. Thank you for your seeing of what’s there, and how you described it. I am encouraged to see the photo from your looking.